Hunt the Wumpus
Arrows remaining: 5
About Hunt the Wumpus
The original version of Hunt the Wumpus was created by Gregory Yob in 1972. The original version was quite a bit different than this version: it was text based, and was based on the vertices of a collapsed dodecahedron (rather than a grid). Each room (vertex) connected to 3 others (rather than four). You can read more about it in the author's Hunt the Wumpus.
Rules (for this version)
- There are 3 hazards:
- A bottomless pit (you will feel a breeze nearby).
- A colony of bats that will pick you up and drop you in a random space--including potentially deadly spaces (you will hear flapping nearby).
- A fearsome, hungry, and unbathed wumpus (you will smell it nearby).
- The wumpus is heavy; bats cannot lift him.
- The wumpus is covered in suckers; he won't fall down the bottomless pit.
- Firing an arrow that misses the wumpus may cause it to move.
- You have 5 wumpus-piercing arrows.
- You may find an arrow dropped by a previous hunter.
- Use CTRL+arrow keys to move
- Use ALT+arrow keys to fire arrows
Find more games on osric.com.